Looking to make the most out of your work space at home? Here are my top 10 tips on how to create a productive space:
- Have a place for everything and make sure it always stays there: pens, paper, calculator, etc.
- Proper height desk and comfortable/ergonomic chair to sit in
- Remove distractions, i.e., turn television off
- Put a timer on your desk. i.e. start your task and give yourself a solid 15 minutes of uninterrupted time, work until the timer goes off
- Clean it regularly, from dust to dishes, anything that clutters your desk will clutter your mind
- Add some artwork or images on a corkboard that motivate you
- Create adequate task lighting. Our eyes get weaker with age, the older we get the more light we need to see
- Storage or filing cabinets for finished projects. Shelves for textbooks and other items
- All electronic equipment should be in an area where they can be easily and readily charged, phones/laptops/tablets/etc.
- The room should be set to a comfortable temperature. (not too hot, not too cold…like Goldilocks, it should be just right!!!)
For more advice, check out our website.